Reply To: What are the most pressing problems? and how to solve them?

Home Forums 2015 International Workshop on Quantum Foundations Panel Discussion What are the most pressing problems? and how to solve them? Reply To: What are the most pressing problems? and how to solve them?

Robert Griffiths
Participant

Regarding your #2781. I do not defend the use of probability theory in quantum textbooks, which leaves much to be desired. But the consistent histories approach used a time symmetric formulation of probability in the very first paper I published on the subject in 1984, and that is still true, at least in the way I formulate it. Let me suggest you take a look at some of the items I have listed in the Consistent Histories topic, and if you want to dig deeper I can suggest relevant chapters in my book. Before you maintain that it cannot be done, let me suggest you take a look at a place where it has (I claim) been done. My approach may contain mistakes, in which case I would benefit from your pointing them out, but if not it is a counterexample to your assertion.

I do not deny that ‘observation’ may play a special role in your modified QM, but why is this an advantage if no similar concept is required in either classical physics or quantum physics interpreted using consistent histories?

Bob Griffiths

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.