Reply To: Quantum causal models, faithfulness and retrocausality (onl. 7/16 @ 11pm UTC+10)

Home Forums 2015 International Workshop on Quantum Foundations Retrocausal theories Quantum causal models, faithfulness and retrocausality (onl. 7/16 @ 11pm UTC+10) Reply To: Quantum causal models, faithfulness and retrocausality (onl. 7/16 @ 11pm UTC+10)

David Miller
Participant

Hi Pete

Thanks for your interesting paper. For what it’s worth I vote for Fig. 4 of your paper.

I got a bit stuck on Sect. 4.2. How do we choose the values of $ \alpha_2$ and $\beta_2$? Do we have to anticipate what angles we are going to choose in other repetitions of the experiment?

On a more general note, is there any mileage in thinking about the SEPRB approach or more formal methods of mapping a bipartite system (i.e. with a causal fork) onto a single quantum system? As you explain on p. 2, the idea is to discover causal structure from observed statistical correlations. The statistical correlations are the same in the two case just referred to so does that mean the causal structure should be the same? If so, maybe that can be used to support Fig.4, even, with more maybe’s, with backward pointing arrows!?

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.