Reply To: What are the most pressing problems? and how to solve them?

Home Forums 2015 International Workshop on Quantum Foundations Panel Discussion What are the most pressing problems? and how to solve them? Reply To: What are the most pressing problems? and how to solve them?

H. Dieter Zeh
Participant

Thanks, Ruth, your second paragraph is precisely what I tried to suggest and what hopefully will help us not to misunderstand each other. Can you recommend a paper (or part thereof) where the transactional model is generally defined (if possible without relying on pedagogical examples a la Wheeler-Feynman, that is, without using classical particles and fields – as you seem to indicate)? I am not yet sure that the model can be dynamically consistent – but that should not be discussed at this point.

I have not sufficiently understood Mark Stuckey’s propal in order to criticize or suggest an improvement of his own classification (so I hope his may help us to better understand him). For all solutions belonging to 3b, I would, in particular, like to understand explicitly how they explain the general success of the superposition principle (including wave mechanics).

Another model for which I woud like to know precisely where to put it in my taxonomy according to its proponents is ´´consistent histories´´.

If you like, you may subdivide 1a (collapse theories) as
a1) Pearle, GRW
a2) gravitationally induced (Penrose, Diosi)
a3) mind induced (Wigner)

You may have noticed that I did not explicitly list decoherence, since imo it belongs to 1b if regarded as a solution of the measurement problem (although it has also to be taken into account as a partial but unavoidable and important step in other psi-ontic proposals).

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.